Get a Card
A Peoria Public Library System Card opens up a world of resources, information and fun! Your card not only allows you to check out books, audiobooks, music CDs and DVDs for free, it also gives you access to the library’s public computers, thousands of e-books, e-audiobooks, library subscribed databases and even Culture Passes to some of the valley’s greatest arts and sciences attractions.
Any resident of Maricopa County may obtain a free library card for the Peoria Public Library System at either the Peoria Main Library or the Sunrise Mountain Library. Parents and legal guardians may also sign their children up for their own card. Proof of residency is required by providing one of the following:
- Driver’s license or photo ID and any one of the following: personal check, current mail or voter registration card, or similar I.D.
- Adults are asked to provide two forms of I.D. to attain a library card, one must be a photo I.D. and the other has to have current proof of residence. If an individual does not have two forms of I.D. an Arizona driver’s license with current address/photo will be accepted.
- All city employees are eligible to receive a library card with a current City Badge or verification of employment through their supervisor.
- Any child under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or guardian present to obtain a card. A parent or guardian must provide appropriate ID in order to obtain library card for a child. There is no age restriction on who may receive a library card.
- Any minor who is emancipated from their guardian/parents must provide proof of emancipation and proper identification as listed above.
- The person must be present when the card is issued.
- Yavapai County residents who reside in Peoria and students or teachers within Peoria are eligible for a library card.
- With a current library card and personal identification number (PIN) patrons can access on-line services. Without the card present we will not be able to give out patron PINs. Patrons calling for PINs will need to give library card number and verify information in patron record.
Library cards may also be obtained through the Peoria Public Library System website. These cards are temporary and may only be used to access online resources such as e-books and some research databases. To check out materials from the libraries or access the libraries' public computers, you must visit one of the Peoria Libraries with proof of residency and get a physical card. To sign up online for a card, visit here.