Friends of the Peoria Public Library
Donations Temporarily Suspended
Due to public health concerns, item donations to the Peoria Public Library are not being accepted at this time. Please check back soon for updated information.
The Friends of the Peoria Public Library, a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, inspires a passion for literacy and learning by supporting Peoria’s libraries through financial assistance, program activities and community outreach.
FPPL Executive Board
Jane Cicinelli - President
Mary Wiley-Hale - Secretary
Myrna Paul - Treasurer
Lynn Duane - Membership Chair
Colleen McElroy - Programs Chair
We always welcome new Friends! If you enjoy meeting and working with others, please join us at an upcoming meeting. Contact Lynn Duane, Membership Chair, by email at FPPLmem@gmail.com for more information.
Executive Board Meetings
- January 12, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- November 9, 2021
General Membership Meetings
- January 19, 2021 - Please contact Lynn at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- April 20, 2021 - Please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
- October 19, 2021 - Please contact Lynn at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- December 7, 2021 - Please contact Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
The Friends Make A Difference In Our Community! Peoria’s libraries received $65,000 in materials and programming support through our efforts during 2019.
- We donate $1,000.00 a month to each library for circulating materials, purchasing laptops and other technology, funding children’s programming and summer reading efforts, and purchasing items and supplies not covered by the city budget.
- We support Recycled Reading areas in the both libraries year-round. They are located near the front entrances of both Library buildings.
- We promote and host book sales each year at both libraries.
- We assist library staff with author visits and other special events.
- We participate in community outreach events to promote our libraries.
- We host and/or volunteer at children’s programs at both branches.
Join Us On Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/FPPLibrary.
The Friends of the Peoria Public Library Donation Guidelines
Donations are gratefully accepted inside the Peoria Main and Sunrise Mountain Libraries during Library hours. The Friends truly appreciate your tax deductible donations of hardback and paperback books, children’s books, textbooks, cookbooks, magazines, DVDs and CDs. We regret we cannot accept materials that are damaged, smoke filled or missing covers, textbooks over five years old or magazines more than a year old. If you have a donation of four boxes or more, please email the Friends at email@example.com to arrange a delivery time.