Friends of the Peoria Public Library
The Friends of the Peoria Public Library, a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, inspires a passion for literacy and learning by supporting Peoria’s libraries through financial assistance, program activities and community outreach.
FPPL Executive Board for 2018-2019
Diane Jordan - President
Kathy Cameron - Past President
Jane Cicinelli - Vice President
Mary Wiley-Hale - Secretary
Raquel Llivina - Treasurer
Yvonne Owens - Membership Chair
Colleen McElroy - Programs Chair
Diane Jordan - Recycled Reading Manager
We always welcome new Friends! If you enjoy meeting and working with others, please join us at an upcoming meeting or contact Yvonne Owens, Membership Chair, at (602) 332-4413, or email her at: email@example.com
The Friends Make A Difference In Our Community! In 2015, we raised over $68,000 for Peoria’s libraries for circulating materials, supplies and programming support.
- We donate $1,000.00 a month to each library for circulating materials, purchasing laptops and other technology, funding children’s programming and summer reading efforts, and purchasing items and supplies not covered by the city budget.
- We support Recycled Reading areas in the both libraries year round. They are located in the left front of both library entrances.
- We promote and host book sales each year at both libraries.
- We assist library staff with author visits and other special events.
- We participate in community outreach events to promote our libraries.
- We host and/or volunteer at children’s programs at both branches.
- Download the Friends of the Peoria Public Library membership form here (.pdf) or pick one up at either library. Membership benefits include a 20% discount at our book sales on personal purchases up to $20, voting privileges at quarterly meetings, volunteer opportunities, and invitations to, and advance notice of, special programs and events. Membership dues are tax deductible
Join Us On Facebook! http://www.Facebook.com/FPPLibrary.
The Friends of the Peoria Public Library Donation Guidelines
The Friends truly appreciate donations of hardback or paperback books, children’s books, cookbooks, magazines, DVDs and CDs. Please bring your donations to the Library’s front desk. Tax donation receipts are available.
We regret, due to space and processing concerns, that we are unable to accept materials that are dusty, dirty, missing covers, smoke filled or water damaged, encyclopedias, VHS and cassette tapes, textbooks over five years old or magazines over six months old, except for AZ Highways and National Geographic.
If you have a large donation, please make an appointment for when you plan to deliver to the Main or Sunrise Mountain Library.