The Wi-Fi Access For Student Success Program provides free Wi-Fi access to students K-12 without adequate internet access at home using a mobile hotspot device. With over 50 gigabytes of high speed internet on Sprint’s 4G LTE network and connectivity for up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices, this program is ideal for student education at home!
The Wi-Fi Access For Student Success Program is funded by the Peoria CARES Act and is for Peoria residents only.
Can anyone check these devices out?
At this time only Peoria residents with students in grades K-12 may check out.
What is a Wi-Fi hotspot?
A hotspot is a mobile device that allows access to the internet on your devices like smart phones, laptops, computers and tablets.
How much is rental of the device and service?
The program provides both the hotspot device as well as the internet service for free.
What if I don’t have any device?
The Libraries have a limited number of Chromebook laptops with WiFi hotspots on a first come first serve basis. Learn More
My child needs this device the for the Spring 2021 school semester. Can I keep the device until then?
Please return your device by the due date in order to be eligible to check out another hotspot for the next school year.
Are there any limits on the amount of data on the device?
The device come with 50 gb of high speed data, after that the internet will still work but you may see slower loading speeds.
What if I have questions?
Please look through the quick start guide located in the box your hotspot came in. If you need further assistance please call the Peoria Public Library at 623-773-7555.
Check Out & Return
- Check out must be on parent/legal guardian account that is in good standing and is able to provide a valid I.D. as a Peoria resident.
- Student (K-12) must present student I.D. or I.D. number for eligibility.
- Patron must sign a Checkout Agreement Form to check out hotspot and complete a survey upon return.
- Check out period is 4 weeks with 4 renewals. These hotspots may not be placed on hold and are limited to ONE hotspot per household.
- The device must be returned at the circulation desk by the patron as hotspot devices MAY NOT be returned in book drops.
- Hotspot devices that are not returned will be deactivated.