Computer Lab Information
Computer Lab Information
Due to service limits and social distancing recommendations during Phase 2 of the City of Peoria's reopening, a limited amount of computers are available for public use. Printing and scanning are available as a self-service. Please call your local Peoria Public Library with any questions.
Reminder: The Peoria Public Libraries' lab computers are public machines. It is the patron's responsibility to sign out of ALL their personal accounts, including email, social media, banking, etc. before leaving the computer station. Please click the 'End Session' button when finished using the computers.
Computer Lab Use
The Libraries have several computer labs within their buildings.
- The Peoria Main Library offers two public computer labs:
- The Adult Lab is located on the 2nd floor near the Adult Reference Desk. There are no age restrictions for its use.
- The Youth Lab is located on the first floor in the Youth Services area. Usage is restricted to ages 11 and under unless accompanied by a child.
- The Sunrise Mountain Library offers three public computer labs:
- The Adult Lab is located towards the back of the Adult Fiction area. There are no age restrictions for its use.
- The Teen Lab is located behind the study rooms and within the Teen-designated area. Usage is restricted to ages 12 - 18.
- The Youth Lab is toward the back of the Youth area. Usage is restricted to ages 11 and under.
Peoria Public Library patrons use their Library Card information to log into the computers, including the Library Card number and 4 digit PIN number. The cards must be in good standing in order to access the computers.
Each Library Card permits up to 2 hours of computer use per day. The 2 hours do not need to be of simultaneous usage.
Guest passes are available for purchase at both locations for $1.00 and include 2 hours of access. Passes are only valid on the day of purchase.
Printing is available at both Libraries. The cost is $0.20 per page and is paid with cash only. Only quarters, dimes, nickels, $1.00 or $5.00 dollar bills are accepted. Color or mobile printing are NOT available.
- Computers are available on a "first come, first served" basis.
- Patrons must use their own Library Card/Account information when using the computers.
- All users must follow the City of Peoria's Internet Acceptable Use Policy. Violation of this policy will result in suspension of lab privileges. The user may also be asked to leave the library. Click here to view the Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
- The Libraries' computers are public use machines. The Libraries' are not responsible for personal data sent or recieved, the security of personal accounts, data or transactions, or the loss of data. Patrons are strongly encouraged to log out of any personal accounts at the end of their session.
- The Libraries do not have access to patrons' personal account information (i.e. email, banking, social media, educational, etc.).
- Offensive, abusive or harassing language or actions will not be tolerated.
- Polite cell phone use permitted. If phone conversations become disruptive to other patrons, the offending patron will be asked to leave the area.
- No food or drink is allowed in the labs except for covered drinks.
- The Peoria Public Library reserves the right to designate library computers to be utilized for specific purposes.
- Windows 10.
- Microsoft Edge.
- Google Chrome.
- Adobe PDF Reader.
- Office 2016 including:
- Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Microsoft Publisher.