Peoria Public Library - Phased Reopening
Peoria Public Library - Reopening
In response to the continued decline in COVID-19 cases and rise of vaccination recipients across Maricopa County, the City of Peoria is proceeding with Phase Two of the city’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan, which will expand facility access and related services. The Library buildings will continue to adhere to social distancing protocols and maintain pandemic-preventative measures. Please continue to visit the Library's site and Facebook page for updates.
- Both the Peoria Main Library and Sunrise Mountain Library are open, including collections browsing and computer usage, with social distancing practices in place.
- Face masks / PPE continue to be required when in the Libraries.
- The buildings' maximum capacity has been increased. If the buildings reach the predefined capacity, patrons may be asked to return at another time.
- In-person Storytimes have returned, with social distancing and capacity protocols in place. Learn more.
- Open seating and tables are available, set up to be socially distanced with limited quantities.
- Study rooms are now available.
- The patios / balconies are accessible.
- Item checkouts are asked to be performed at the Self-Check machines.
- Socially distant computers with printing, including the Youth Services areas, are available for 120 minute sessions per patron.
- Photocopying and the faxing services are available.
- Curbside Holds Pick-up is available for those who do not wear face masks or other PPE. Learn more about the Curbside Pick-up service.
*Please note that the service may be temporarily suspended in times of inclement weather.
- Community rooms continue to be closed at this time.
Please contact your local Peoria Public Library with any questions. Thank you.
For the latest updates from the City of Peoria, visit: https://www.peoriaaz.gov/residents/covid-19-information
Peoria Main Library & Sunrise Mountain Library:
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Special Library Services:
Wi-Fi Access For Student Success Program
The Peoria Public Libraries are offering students, k-12, who are Peoria residents wifi devices for checkout. Learn more.
Laptop Lending Program
The Library offers Chromebooks with paried WiFi Hotspots for check out. Learn more.
Peoria Public Digital Library
The Peoria Public Library encourages our patrons to continue exploring and using our digital resources and programming during the reopening phases. We are continuing to expand our e-programming and services to bring the library to our patrons, so be sure to check our website and Facebook page for more digital offerings.
Missing the Library's Storytimes? Watch storytimes on our website or join us on Facebook.
Join Sunrise Mountain Librarian Cathy Coffman as we proudly present tech Tool Lessons, Online Technology Instruction! Cathy offers step-by-step instructions on how to use the most popular online services available. View the lessons.
Looking for some reading suggestions? The Peoria Public Library's staff are here to help! Watch The Peoria Public Library's staff offer some of their favorite reading suggestions.
Virtual Resources Available:
The Peoria Public Library offers a variety of virtual resources, including e-libraries, to find information or help pass the time until the buildings reopen. These resources are free and available anywhere with a Peoria Public Library Card and a network connection and/or wifi.