Peoria Public Library - Phased Reopening
Peoria Public Library - Reopening
Due to the significant increase in Covid-19 cases, the Peoria Public Libraries are implementing stricter protocols in order to mitigate exposure and maintain the safety and health of our patrons and employees. The following steps are now in place until further notice:
- Wearing masks continue to be required when in the Libraries.
- Patron time is limited to 30 minutes in the buildings with no exceptions.
- A self-service model is in place, with very limited staff assistance available.
- Item checkouts need to be performed on the Self-Check machines.
- No fine/fee payments under $20.00 will be accepted.
- Library card fine/fee blocks have been increased to $20.00 until further notice.
- Computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes with no extensions.
- There will be no one-on-one assistance offered in the computer labs away from the reference desks. Printing and downloading instructions will be available in the labs. We highly recommend bringing a trusted family member with computer experience with you if needing assistance.
Please contact your local Peoria Public Library with any questions. Thank you.
In response to a continued decline in COVID-19 cases across Maricopa County, the city of Peoria is proceeding with Phase Two of the city’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan, which will expand facility access and related programming beginning Sept. 28. Since May 18, the city has been operating in Phase One with stringent sanitation, physical distancing and facial mask protocols. Starting Monday, Sept. 28, Phase Two allows for further easing of restrictions with the use of amenities available to our citizens.
Peoria Public Libraries offer limited services, browsing, computer labs and curbside pick-up of reserved books. Patron time in the library will be limited to 30 minutes and the buildings will operate with social distancing protocols, enhanced cleaning frequencies and service-point protection barriers in place. Please see below for available services and Phase Two operating hours.
For the latest updates, visit: https://www.peoriaaz.gov/residents/covid-19-information
In accordance with the Phase 2 reopening and easing of restrictions, returned items are no longer quarantined and items are checked out at the patrons' own risk. Overdue / late fees are now being charged to patrons' accounts.
Current Library Services:
- Both the Peoria Main Library and Sunrise Mountain Library are open with social distance practices put in place.
- Patrons are required to wear masks and respect social distancing guidelines.
- Patrons have up to 30 minutes in the buildings.
- Collections browsing is available.
- Limited computers, with printing, are available for a single 30 minute session per patron with no extensions. The computers are self-service with no in-person aid available.
- Curbside Holds Pick-up is available for those who do not wear face masks or other PPE. Learn more about the Curbside Pick-up service..
*Please note that the service may be temporarily suspended in times of inclement weather.
- Printing, photocopying and the faxing service are available.
- Patrons are asked to use the Self-Checkout machines in the lobbies.
- In-person programming continues to be on hiatus.
- Gathering or studying in the buildings is not permitted at this time.
- The study and meeting rooms are not available.
- Donations are not being accepted.
Temporary Library Hours:
Peoria Main Library & Sunrise Mountain Library:
Monday & Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Additional Library Services:
Wi-Fi Access For Student Success Program
The Peoria Public Libraries are offering students, k-12, who are Peoria residents wifi devices for checkout. Learn more.
Laptop Lending Program
The Library offers Chromebooks with paried WiFi Hotspots for check out. Learn more.
Peoria Public Digital Library
The Peoria Public Library encourages our patrons to continue exploring and using our digital resources and programming during the reopening phases. We are continuing to expand our e-programming and services to bring the library to our patrons, so be sure to check our website and Facebook page for more digital offerings.
Missing the Library's Storytimes? Watch storytimes on our website or join us on Facebook.
Join Sunrise Mountain Librarian Cathy Coffman as we proudly present tech Tool Lessons, Online Technology Instruction! Cathy offers step-by-step instructions on how to use the most popular online services available. View the lessons.
Looking for some reading suggestions? The Peoria Public Library's staff are here to help! Watch The Peoria Public Library's staff offer some of their favorite reading suggestions.
Virtual Resources Available:
The Peoria Public Library offers a variety of virtual resources, including e-libraries, to find information or help pass the time until the buildings reopen. These resources are free and available anywhere with a Peoria Public Library Card and a network connection and/or wifi.